This decorative flower craft can be tailored to any holiday.
- Bare tree branch with multiple shoots
- Pink or colored tissue paper
Here’s a fun activity you can do with your child on Mother’s Day or any time of year. The resulting paper blossoms make a beautiful artwork display to brighten any room. This activity is a great way to exercise your little one’s fine motor skills and is appropriate for ages 4 and up. Younger children may require more help with proper scissor instruction.
To make paper blossoms:
- Trace tissue paper into squares that are about 3 inches on each side.
- Cut tissue paper into squares.
- Overlay two squares so they make a star shape.
- Pinch them at the ends into a crease. Make two creases to create a blossom.
- Create the stem by twisting the bottom.
- Take a piece of tape and affix it to the stem and wrap it around a shoot on the branch.