Recipe for honey peanut butter krispy cookies
Enjoy the lessons your child has learned with this month's book by making a delicious treat to extend the learning.
- 1-1/4 cups peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers (crushed)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (melted)
- Parchment paper
We recently hosted a honey tasting party at our house, inspired by Grace’s honey tasting in Grace’s Attic Exploration. After sampling local raspberry, blackberry, and clover honey, we decided it was time to put the honey to work in the kitchen. Honey is a great ingredient to add sweetness to any recipe and the stickiness can help to bind ingredients together.
- Measure peanut butter, honey, powdered sugar and Rice Krispies into a large mixing bowl.
- Place graham crackers into a Ziploc baggie and crush them with a rolling pin. This is a great job for little helpers because the mess is contained inside the Ziploc bag. Add the crushed graham crackers to the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Scoop, by spoonfuls – rounding into balls, onto parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips and pour the melted chocolate into a Ziploc bag. Cut a small corner of the tip of the baggy. Drizzle chocolate over the peanut butter Krispies.
- Let the chocolate set up for a few hours (if you can stand to wait that long).
Hosting a honey tasting party can be lots of fun, but using the honey in a recipe that kids can create almost entirely on their own is a sweet treat all by itself.