|1) Try joining the network again
||Tap on the network name and select “Connect to Wireless”
|2) Forget the network, then try connecting to the network again
||If the network name has both a star and a circle next to it, this network is remembered by the LeapPad Ultra. Tap on the network name, then tap on “Forget this Network." Tap the network name again, select “Connect to Wireless” and try joining the network again.
|3) Restart the Wi-Fi router
||Even if other devices are currently communicating with the router, the router itself could be the root cause of the issue.
Try restarting the router. While most routers just need to be unplugged and plugged back in to restart them, refer to your router’s manual for specific instructions.
Once your router is restarted, verify it is working by connecting a computer, phone or other mobile device, then try connecting the LeapPad Ultra again.
|4) If you are trying to join a public Wi-Fi network, the LeapPad Ultra is not compatible with public Wi-Fi networks.
||Most public Wi-Fi access at restaurants, airports, hotels, etc. require the user to agree to terms and conditions on the provider’s website prior to accessing the internet. As the browser on the LeapPad Ultra only allows pre-approved web pages to open, you will not be able to access the provider’s URL on the LeapPad Ultra and will not be able to join the network.
|5) Are you trying to connect to a secondary or Guest network on the router?
||Some routers such as the Linksys E series have a secondary network in addition to the main network. On these routers you must use the main network to connect the LeapPad Ultra.
|6) Install the latest firmware update on the LeapPad Ultra, then try connecting to your Wi-Fi network again.
||The LeapPad Ultra may need the latest firmware update before it can connect to certain routers (especially DSL combined modem/routers).
To get this firmware update:
1. Download and install the LeapFrog Connect application to your PC or Mac from here
2. Launch the LeapFrog Connect application on your computer
3. Power on the LeapPad Ultra and connect it to your computer using the included USB cable
4. Once the Firmware update is installed on the LeapPad Ultra disconnect from your computer
5. On the LeapPad Ultra, go to the parent settings menu and open the Wi-Fi Settings icon
6. You should now be able to enter your Wi-Fi password and connect to the network