Activity: Story Go Round
- Paper & pencil
- 30 minutes
- Language development, vocabulary
This game is perfect for a camp fire, slumber party or long car ride. Kids of all ages can play together.
Here's how to play:
- Write a list of twenty verbs such as the following: work, play, talk, scream, melt, kick, screech, hug, crash, climb, drop, pay, trade, roll, chew, sprinkle, explode, whisper, wipe, bake.
- Come up with a topic for your story. Select something of interest to the children involved (for example trains, fairies, a birthday party, a sporting event, etc.).
- Make up and say aloud a first sentence to the story. The sentence must incorporate the first verb on the list.
- Read the next verb on the list aloud to the next player. That player must then make up a sentence that continues the story and contains the second verb. Play continues in this manner.
When all verbs on the list have been used, return to the beginning of the list and go through the words again. This time, though, players must use the past tense of each verb, adding an -ed ending onto each verb.
More fun family games:
© 2001-2013 LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.