A few rounds of this Bingo game can help your child remember Spanish numbers and color words.
To prepare the game:
- Print out a "bingo card" for each player. Have players fill the squares with numbers from 1-10, in any order. Players' cards do not need to be the same.
- Remove the face cards from a deck of playing cards. Keep the aces. Place the deck face down.
- Create a set of color cards using slips of paper. Make equal numbers of red, yellow, green, blue and orange cards. (Alternatively, you can use a set of Candyland cards with the purples removed.) Place the stack face down.
- Take turns drawing a card from each stack and call out the color and number pair in Spanish (for example, if you pull a red card and the number 8, you'd call "rojo ocho").
- Players mark their cards with bingo chips (or pennies) until one player has five in a row and shouts "Bingo!"
red = rojo 1 = uno 6 = seis yellow = amarillo 2 = dos 7 = siete green = verde 3 = tres 8 = ocho blue = azul 4 = cuatro 9 = nueve orange = aranjado 5 = cinco 10 = diez
© 2001-2012 LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.