A few rounds of this Bingo game can help your child remember numbers and color words in French.
To prepare the game:
- Print out a "bingo card" for each player. Have players fill the squares with numbers from 1-10, in any order. Players' cards do not need to be the same.
- Remove the face cards from a deck of playing cards. Keep the aces. Place the deck face down.
- Create a set of color cards using slips of paper. Make equal numbers of red, yellow, green, blue and orange cards. (Alternatively, you can use a set of Candyland cards with the purples removed.) Place the stack face down.
- Take turns drawing a card from each stack and call out the color and number pair in French (for example, if you pull a red card and the number 8, you'd call "rouge huit").
- Players mark their cards with bingo chips (or pennies) until one player has five in a row and shouts "Bingo!"
red = rouge 1 = un 6 = six yellow = jaune 2 = deux 7 = sept green = vert 3 = trois 8 = huit blue = bleu 4 = quatre 9 = neuf orange = orange 5 = cinq 10 = dix
© 2001-2012 LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.