Five Tips for Finding LeapPad
If you’re looking for LeapPad this season, let us assure you we’re making them just as fast as we can! Based on the early success of this hot holiday toy, we’ve increased production and expedited shipping to our major retailers. But we know many of you are still searching, so we’ve compiled these tips from successful customers:
- Like us: Fans of LeapFrog on Facebook will hear first when LeapPad is back in stock at LeapFrog.com. Our fans are also helpful in sharing their tips for finding LeapPad online and at retail locations. (Bonus: We’re giving $10 in toys to needy kids for each new Facebook fan until 12/15.)
- Sign up: Customers have reported success with services like NowInStock, Wii Alerts and zooLert, which will text you when LeapPad is in stock at online stores. Act fast after receiving a text alert—stock can be gone within minutes!
- Shop online: Check online retailers Amazon, Target, Toys ‘R Us and Walmart daily. Like brick-and-mortar stores, they get new inventory often, but in limited quantities. Fast fingers prevail—sign up for 1-Click if you purchase at Amazon.
- Shop locally: Some retailers allow you to check in-store inventory on their website. If you find one, follow up with a call to your local store. If you hear a store is stocking shelves the next day, show up at opening time. (We hear some retailers are limiting customers to one LeapPad each, increasing your chances of getting one.)
- Shop off-peak: Late-night and early-morning online shoppers have been able to snatch up a LeapPad just as online inventories are updated.
Once you’ve found your LeapPad, we have 3 final tips:
- Do a happy dance: Your persistence paid off—you’re a holiday hero!
- Set it up: Like many Internet-connected devices, LeapPad requires some time to set up and personalize. Setup times may increase during periods of high web traffic (especially December 24-January 2).
- Spread joy: Share your tips and success stories in the comments below.
© 2001-2012 LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.