LeapFrog 2016 App Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These are the Official Rules for the LeapFrog 2015 App Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). The sponsor and administrator of this Sweepstakes is LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc., 6401 Hollis Street, Emeryville, CA 94608, U.S.A. (“Sponsor”).
The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) (the “Territory”) who are at least the age of majority in the entrant’s state of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or agencies and suppliers (individually “Entity” and collectively, “Entities”) and the immediate family (i.e. spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each Entity are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
The Sweepstakes begins on January 4, 2016 at 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time ("PST") and ends on January 14, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes consists of ten (10) daily entry periods (each a “Daily Entry Period”) as follows:
4. How to Enter: There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
Method 1: To enter the Sweepstakes you must be a registered member of Facebook. If you are not a registered member of Facebook, please visit http://www.facebook.com to register for an account. Registration for and use of Facebook and other Facebook applications are subject to Facebook's terms and conditions Sponsor has no responsibility with respect to Facebook registration and use. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. During each Daily Entry Period: (1) Sponsor will post one (1) clue as to the identity of the “App of the Day” on the wall of Sponsor’s Facebook Page; (2) Go to Sponsor’s App Center at leapfrog.com and use that day’s clue to identify the correct title of the “App of the Day”; (3) Go to http://bit.ly/1zWXOTZ and fill out the Sweepstakes entry form, submitting the title of the “App of the Day”, entrant’s name, email address, and city and state of residence; and (4) Upon submission, entrants will receive one (1) entry for a chance to win one (1) Prize for that Daily Entry Period.
Method 2: Send an email to email@example.com subject: The Great App Treasure Hunt 2016 during a Daily Entry Period to be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one (1) Prize. Include the following information: entrant’s first and last name, email address, and city and state of residence.
LIMIT: Limit one (1) entry per person per Daily Entry Period, for a maximum total of ten (10) possible Daily Entry Prize entries regardless of entry method. Any entry which exceeds this entry limit from the same email address will be disqualified. Non-winning entries from one Entry Period will not carry over to subsequent Entry Periods Winning entrants from any Entry Period may enter subsequent Entry Periods. Any attempt by a person to enter the Sweepstakes more than once may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Sponsor. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. Sponsor will not accept entries from email addresses Sponsor deems to be potentially harmful to Sponsor’s website. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of an email address used will be deemed to be the registrant or player. An “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Drawing and Winner Notification: Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner per Daily Entry Period in a random drawing of all eligible entries for that Daily Entry Period. The drawing for each Daily Entry Period winner will take place within 48 hours after the close of the Daily Entry Period. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, or misdirected entries. Sponsor will notify the potential Sweepstakes prize winners by email notification sent to the email address provided by entrant in the Sweepstakes entry. It is the entrant’s obligation to notify the Sponsor in writing of any change of contact information. Each potential winner will be required to respond to the winner notification email within three days of the time the email notice is sent in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond within the required time period or fails to comply with any other term of these Official Rules, that potential winner forfeits the prize. Wining is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining entries from the applicable Entry Period. Prizes will be fulfilled within 30 days after winner confirmation.
6. Prize Limit: One (1) Daily Entry Prize per person per Daily Entry Period The Daily Entry Prize is one (1) LeapPad3 learning tablet with a MSRP value of $89.99. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
7. Publicity: The acceptance of the Prize by a winner shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner's full name, city, state, likeness, quotes, photo, submission, entry or prize information (collectively “Submission”) in any manner the Sponsor deems fit including, but not limited to, in connection with Sponsor’s exploitation of the Submission for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
8. Release: By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property arising out of entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, as well as or any claim or cause of action based on publicity rights, infringement of intellectual property, defamation, or invasion of privacy arising from any materials entrant has submitted in connection with entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes.
9. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to errors in the advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of the prizes or the processing of entries; (5) any inability of any winner to accept or use any prize for any reason; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, U.S.A. or the appropriate California State Court located in Alameda County, California U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, U.S.A.
12. Winners List: A list of winner name can be requested via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: The Great App Treasure Hunt 2016 – Winners List.