Follow the directions below to help your child make these simple festive candleholders, as a family or children's party activity:
- Following the directions on the package, make a small batch of plaster of paris.
- Pour mixture into the plastic container mold.
- Place a candle in the middle of the mold. Let stand for several minutes until the plaster begins to harden, then remove the candle.
- After 10 minutes, take the mold out of the plastic container. You may have to cut it out.
- Once the mold is dry, have your child paint it with festive colors for the appropriate holiday. Fall colors work for both Rosh Hashanah and Thanksgiving. Red and green for Christmas, blue and white for Hanukkah or paint them red, black and green for Kwanzaa. Your child can also glue small holiday decorations to the candleholder.