This is a very quick and easy project to add a little 4th of July color to your walkway, porch, window or mantle. Another option is to make these lanterns out of a plastic jar, add a handle, and it can be taken on-the-go. Now your child can read under the stars by lantern!
How to make the lanterns:
- Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the jar.
- Place a piece of torn tissue on the Mod Podge. Continue all the way around the jar, using one color.
- Do the same thing with the other two colors, creating one line of each color with no glass showing through.
- Paint a final thin layer of Mod Podge over the entire thing, making sure all of the tissue is covered. The lantern will look like it has a thin white film over the top, but it will dry clear in about 15-20 minutes.
- Place a battery operated tea light candle inside the lantern and you are finished!
Happy 4th of July!